If you wait long enough, the answer will come.
All it took was my weekly pilates class to make it clear why I’d been feeling so…well…yukky the last few days. As I struggled to keep up, I realized that I do much better in the Pilates class when I keep up my regular gym routine which I had sadly neglected last week. Today, after doing some exercise, I managed to run a couple of hours worth of errands and have gotten trash, sand boxes, and yes, even floor scrubbing done. Some of this has been on my list for weeks, but I had reached the point where, if it didn’t get done, my Christmas tree was in danger of remaining in the box this year. That would never do!
Chores aside, an hour of exercise in the morning means a day of much more energy overall. Many of my friends would say it’s simple physics, and if I’d really thought about it, I’d have known the answer. Lack of exercise like lack of sunshine can lead to depression, and laziness is just one symptom. So it occurs to me that exercise is to depression like garlic is to vampires.
Admittedly, the lack of exercise last week also had a negative impact on my ability to complete said chores. Only the bathroom floors and the worst part of the living room got scrubbed today, though everything was vacuumed. I get to look forward to more floor scrubbing tomorrow, but hey, it’s raining again, and that makes me happy! (especially since I don’t have to commute in it!)
With Christmas fast approaching, I’m back in list mode again!
My “To Do” list is growing again. This week sees my expectations high for myself and I plan to complete:
1. Finish washing floors
2. Complete November bookkeeping for both clients.
3. Continue adding to my latest novel.
4. Call my broker
5. Help socialize some foster kittens (fun stuff!)
6. Go to the gym at least three more times this week.
7. Put up Christmas tree
8. Decorate Christmas tree
9. Wrap presents
10. Send Christmas box to my son-in-law
That should keep me busy for the rest of the week, and ensure that I won’t be sleeping too late like I did last week. I swear, sleeping too late in the morning is the kiss of death when it comes to having a productive day! These cold, rainy mornings make it hard to leave my warm, cat filled bed, but I have six days to get this place ready before my daughter arrives, so there’s no time for dilly-dallying now!
I know I’m in good company, though. Every one I know is rushing hither and thither, trying to get all of their chores done so they can enjoy their holiday. Let’s make this an especially giving one, remembering those in need!
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for an end to my doldrums and a new beginning for my healthy habits.
2. I am grateful for a halfway clean house (I’m well on the way to getting it the rest of the way clean now!)
3. I am grateful for the rain. We surely need it after so much drought. Maybe this time, the powers that be will figure out a way to keep more in reserve for our next dry season.
4. I am grateful that my boys are cooperating (with just a little bribery) while I put drops in their ears twice a day.
5. I am grateful for abundance: motivation, inspiration, energy, rain, love, joy, happiness, harmony, peace, health and prosperity.