I find myself struggling to switch gears after two days of pretty intense accounting work. I really want to write, but I just can’t seem to settle, and I realize that my logical brain is at work, which is not conducive to writing. As I write stream of consciousness most of the time, my logical brain is a hindrance. If I’m in a place where it just won’t shut down, my writing suffers, and I’m likely to sit in front of my computer, staring at the screen in frustration as the effort to even put down a couple of hundred words is worse than childbirth!
So I’m diddling and doodling around tonight, snuggling with the cats, farting around on the ipad, watching a little tv that bores the ever lovin’ daylights out of me, and trying to escape this fugue state.
I believe the only way I’ll actually succeed is to do something physical tomorrow: laundry, finish putting away the Christmas stuff. traumatize the cats by running the vacuum. Stuff like that. In that way, while working the logic out of my head, I can also manage to accomplish some things I need to do anyway! Win-win!
The cats are mixed on whether they like this unsettled state. On the one hand, they will manage to find me on the sofa, at least for a bit, where they can get some much needed attention. On the other, I am up and down far too frequently for their taste!
In short, for the moment, aside from bringing home a little bacon, I’m not really making anyone happy. Fortunately, this, too, shall pass!
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for the times I’m unsettled as it makes me really appreciate the times when I can just focus and accomplish tons!
2. I am grateful to be on the other side of the holidays where life should settle back down into a rhythm which will include a great deal of writing.
3. I am grateful for having a house to myself where I don’t have to be around people should that be my choice for the moment.
4. I am grateful for my nights out dancing as they keep me from becoming a hermit.
5. I am grateful for always having enough.
Love and light.