Rip off the mask, tear down the walls. Show the world your beautiful self!

Here it is, after midnight again, and I’m finally sitting down to write.  In my defense, it’s been a rather eventful day!  I got up and got my grocery shopping done early so the kids and I could go out to Valencia to take my little sis out for sushi.  After a lovely trip in slam to a screeching halt traffic up the 5, we picked up my sister to take her to her favorite sushi place where we picked our sushi off of a conveyor belt!  It was actually quite good and instead of getting just a couple of whole rolls, we got a little of this and a little of that.  Our one complaint, though, was that their spicy stuff wasn’t really very spicy.  We’re used to spicy tuna that makes your tastebuds jump up and take notice.  This just kind of said, ho hum.  But we had a great time chatting for a couple of hours, and probably would have done so for even longer but they seated a family with a screeching child next to us (maybe on purpose to get us to leave?) and as none of us has any tolerance for a child who is allowed to screech, we deemed it time to go.

I came home to find that one of my furry children had horked up half digested food all over my front bathroom, but sadly, nobody was fessing up so I didn’t know who had an upset tummy.  After cleaning up the chunks and mopping the floor, I vowed to keep a close eye on everyone for the next few days to make sure nobody is really sick.

Mathom did not make the 3:30 train, but it was just as well since Heather ended up going to the emergency room for what turned out to be a sprained shoulder.  She refused accompaniment, however, but instead kept sending texts to Mathom and me giving us progress reports until she got an actual diagnosis.  I made sure she put Gwennie’s collar back on so she would have no need to hoist a 60 pound puppy again, not that she could with one wing in a sling, but still…

I also got a bit more dancing in tonight with a rare run to the Cowboy Palace to hook up with a couple of friends who didn’t end up making it due to boat engine issues, but I hung with another couple I know, and ran into a few people I hadn’t seen in years, so it was fun, and I danced a couple of two steps and a few line dances, and renewed my appreciation for Borderline and it’s bigger floor and dance floor etiquette, despite the temporary lack of air conditioning.

All in all, it was a fun weekend, and I did get enough relaxation in to keep my joy meter up through the coming work week.

Love and light.


I look forward to your comments.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: